Thursday, November 15, 2012

When it rains it pours... And then the sun comes out

These days here is what life is like
Cook
Clean
Take care of small people
Young Women's
Presidency meetings
Planning meetings
PTA
Swim lessons
Gymnastics (that's over now because Zane said its "only for girls" and refused to return)
School Volunteering
Pre school
Cooking for us
Cooking for new moms
Cooking for funerals
Laundry
Laundry
Laundry
Playing toys
Settling arguments
Picking stuff out of Preslies mouth
Finding my dumb dogs when they run away because we can't figure out how they are getting out
Sewing for Christmas presents
Homework- first grade is intense ya know!
Dentist appointments
Doctor appointments
Life is CRAZY
A while ago I was making diner, the children were officially driving me nuts. The fighting was never ending, the baby was fussy, the house was a total disaster, diner was gross because I didn't have all the ingredients and was trying to improvise, I had Young Women's to get too, needed to stop at the store first, still needed to get ready, had nothing to wear, Dev wasn't home, homework needed to be done. I was feeling completely overwhelmed, overworked, incredibly underpaid, I was stressed and homesick and weepy, worn out, inadequate, and wanted a vacation.
Not a tropical beach vacation- no no.
I wanted 24 hours in my house ALONE. Nothing could compare to a spotless house, drinking a diet coke in ultimate silence. Dream.come.true.
It wasn't happening.
I made it through the evening and then awoke to a miracle in the morning. I was up way before the kids. Not being a morning person at all,usually I would just stay in bed and try to go back to sleep. That morning I actually got up- I made peach tea and decided to read my scriptures. We have been doing really well with our family reading at night but my personal scripture study was non existent. I got a good hour of serious reading in. My day was calm and happy, I was productive and patient. I felt light hearted. I have only had one morning since then,where I missed reading before the kids are up. This is what I needed in my life.
With thanksgiving quick approaching, I will spare everyone of listing a daily blessing on Facebook, but will express that I am thankful for faith in God that is immovable,and love for my family that is fierce.

1 comment: