Thursday, June 2, 2011

How to catch a really ugly pet

I cant teach you much, but I can tell you how to catch a crawfish in Evanston. When we were in Canada Brody caught a ton of these super ugly guys at Henderson Lake and became obsessed. It was ok though, because I was sure it was a Canada thing and Id be off the hook once we came home. No luck. We saw their nasty claw remains on the shore one day. We did some research and then tried hot dogs and nets- no luck. We tried just looking for them and then catching them really fast- no luck. Then we tried raw chicken on a string- you let it sink all the way to the bottom of the water and wait.. and wait.. and wait some more. Then you pull up the string and eventually you have one ugly crawfish eating away at your raw chicken. If you want to do it Mecham style, Brody celebrates in a way equivilent to winning the lottery, Zane follows suit because he does what Brody does, and I try to hide the fact that this thing is creeping me right out and that I really dont want to touch it but I have to figure out how to get it off the chicken. No we dont eat them. Ew ew ew. Yes we do take it home for a few days so I can get on with other things that have been neglected like dishes and laundry for the last 4 days thanks to the crawfish obsession.


Reward: This guy. Living in a very cute drink container in my backyard.
Camera is still in Canada so these are good quality phone pics.


We went again- to let the above guy go and we caught all of these...


And this is where the magic happens....

No comments:

Post a Comment