Sunday, June 26, 2011

All I see is PINK!

Baby is a GIRL! oh goodness this is exciting. Not that all babies arent exciting but this feels extra new and exciting. My doc was really just not understanding my urgency on finding out the gender and my ultrasound was moved again, this time to July 19th, I was all about going to a fetal foto place in the mall but Dev was thinking he needed to be there and he works like a insane person and never had the time, well I have this Uncle in Greatfalls MT who is a radiologist and he was all for me making a quick stop and he would check out baby, so on our way to Canada we made the stop. He took a long time looking and not saying anything and I was getting a tad stressed that he was seeing something not right, but it turns out he was just making sure he was actually seeing GIRL! I was in shock, yes I wanted a girl but I was really convinced it was a boy. It was a girl!!! Oh wow. He took some cute pics and sent us on our merry way. I stopped of course and shopped. But here is the weird thing, Ill back up. Pre- Zane I was so sure he was a girl and I was dumb and shopped a TON, I had the large size uhaul box plum full of frills and flowers, bright wonderful girly things and even sewed a dress. Then my ultrasound revealed boy parts and the box was put away. Since then all my friends seem to be having girls so the box was close to empty and all was well. Well I have been itching to get my shop on with girl stuff, and now I have the green light to do so and I had shoppers block!!! I really just couldnt make decisions. This has never been a problem, ask Devin, but really I just sort of froze up. I picked up a few things and then put them back, I know Im picky, the longer Im a mum the pickier I seem to be getting about my kids clothes, I do most of my shopping online and have become anti childrens place and other run of the mill kids stores, It seems to make me a tad grumpy when I see kids sporting the same item as one of my boys might have, so Ive gotten selective. But there I was, finally with an open door to the world of girl I have longed for, and I was lost. I wandered and picked up this and that and put it back, in my mind ruling out things like anything with words, any characters, any baby ish patterns, no hearts, no sparkles on tops, no cats. Then I ruled out pink. I had ruled out my girl choices. I walked over to the boys section. Back in my comfort zone. I left the store with ninja pjs for Brody and Zane.

Dont worry, I just need to take baby steps into this new world. I need to do my online research and figure out my girl taste and then try again. I did pick up some darling baby leggings with tiny polkadots, still looking for tops, and found some super cute organic cotton sleepers. Ill have the box filled up in no time.




Some good starts

2 comments:

  1. Well now I'm kind of scared to buy you any girl clothes! If you can't even pick out stuff you like, then I don't even dare. I'm with you on the pink though, I'm just not crazy about everything being pink for a girl. Maybe a little bit but some people just go way overboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a little nervous to go shopping like Lindsey! I know what you mean that you don't want her to have the same thing that everyone else has though. I think 99% of the gifts I received for McKinlee were pink which was great but it is nice to have a variety.

    ReplyDelete