Saturday, December 3, 2011

One Month!!! And adjusting well

Oh where does time go?? I mean really! Preslie is already one month. Im pretty sad about it actually. It has been so wonderful to have her in our life, and to have a baby in the house again, I just want things to slow down.

One month stats for Preslie:
At her one month check up she was 9lbs 4 oz, and in the 50th percentile for weight, height, and head size and all  development check points were met. Her pediatrician called her a perfect text book baby :) She started off sleeping SO well. Average was about 10pm-4am straight, well for about a week it has not been so lovely. More like up every 2 hours or so and just more fussy..  :(  :(  for those of you who knew baby Brody, its not THAT bad. Anyways, the doc thinks she has reflux. BOO. So shes on some meds and we shall see what happens. So far nothing has changed.

So far Preslie sometimes likes her binky, she sometimes likes pressure on her belly, she sometimes likes her swing and sometimes can sleep thru the chaos of her brothers and dogs and is sometimes ok with her carseat. we are still figuring things out :) She is smiling on purpose and continues to poop ALL the time. The boys LOVE to put hairbows and headbands on her and Brody is especially talented at making hairbow creations.








One Month stats for ME:
I am down 32 lbs since labor!! Holy smokes! Gigantic babies have some benefits I guess. Im also sure its because Ive done yoga twice and have been lifting weights once :)  oh and because baking has ceased at our house- not on purpose but my time management has taken a serious nose dive. Each kid should come with at least 4 extra hours in a day.
I sleep in about 2 hour increments that total 6 hours a night on average. Funny that im ok with it, I guess somehow my body just magically adapts.  Nursing is still not going well or even at all, So I pump every 3 hours around the clock and then feed. Not so much fun there.
Emotionally Im great! I can tell some moments that my patience seems to run out faster then before, Im sure that will catch up soon. Devs work calmed down just in time so most nights he is home at 4, that is wonderful! And still shocking.

Let me tell a story.
A bit ago I had a friend telephone me up, She was getting ready to go back to work FT and needed to put her 16 month old in all day day care. Sad for any Mum. She was calling to chat about what I would require if I was in her boat and needed a daycare. Oh man we had quite the list when we were done. (not in order of importance)
Low kid- care taker ratio
Limited TV watching or no TV
Nice, patient employees who love kids and love what they do
Structured Day
Healthy Meals and snacks
Security and strict check in-check & out policy
Wellness policy- no sickos
Good understanding of dicipline actions
Clean
Creative playtime and learning activities

Im sure we had a dozen more but this is what comes to mind. We had a nice chat, I ached for her for having to return to work and was filled with such gratitude that Im able to stay home. But then I couldnt sleep. I do stay home, but am I living up to my own demands??? Some days yes, I can check off all those things on the list above.. but somedays we stay in PJs until 2pm, we eat cereal for breakfast.. and lunch... and dinner. Some days I have NO patience it seems. And it seems lately the TV is on WAY too much. So this was a good chat for me to have. A time to really reflect and try to get things with my kiddos back in line.
 Zane and Brody have both adjusted so well to Preslie and to having mine and Dev's time divided. They both went thru their own adjustment stage, Zane took up yelling all the time and was just MAD it seemed, loved Preslie but just had a bit of a time getting his ying and yang lined up again or something. Brody adores his baby sister, He is smitten in fact. His adjustment seemed to come out in being extra clingy to me, sad to leave  for school, said he missed home and me too much. We all had to figure things out. I decided after Preslie it was a good time to stop pushing naps with Zane, he needed that one and one time with me, so Im really making an effort to make sure Zane and I do something together everyday while Preslie is asleep. Puzzles, books, crafts, trains, anything! sometimes we get hours before she is fussing and sometimes its only a half hour or so, but it is such precious time for both of us I think.
Things get a tad tricky with Brody when he gets home, his one on one time is usually with Dev when he gets home from work. The boys have a new game they came up with called Wayne and little Wayne (no idea where it came from!) but they run down the hall as fast as they can and tackle Dev. Its fabulous. Anyways, we are all doing fantastic. Im keeping up my middle of the night laundry- now I just need to figure out how to get supper done on time!

The boys have become frequent supper helpers, they took charge of mushroom prep tonight and did fantastic!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...middle of the night laundry still! That's how mom's with 3 kids get all of that laundry done. Yikes eh! The Wayne and little Wayne game cracks me up. I think you need to take video so I can see it in action.

    ReplyDelete