Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sweet Moments

 There is something astounding about the love between siblings. It is closer then the best of friends and unique to itself. These two are rascals but I know that Brody would do anything for Zane- and that Zane, in his 3 year old capacity would do the same for his big brother. Oh to be a mother. It is in these sweet moments that I could not be happier with life.
    We took the kids to Disney on Ice last year. Here they are riding the trax. I think that co-ed friendships are brilliant. At least this one is. Its like the best ying and yang I have ever witnessed.(and they are darling)

  Well most of my days can be summed up wth this. There is laughter coming out of this pile of bodies and I'm pretty sure there is another bat somewhere in there.

This dude is potty trained! YAHOOO!
That being said, we have run into a few minor issues.
1- his theory is "big boys who pee in the potty always wear shorts" And that's exactly what he has been doing
2- "Big boys only go potty at home!" This is ok.. so far. But its not always going to be ok. Stay tuned.



So Preslie continues to be a wonderfully easy baby. We put her to bed between 8 and 9 and she sleeps until about 3 most nights, eats and goes back to bed. Well shortly after we came home from Idaho after Christmas I was up feeding her. When I get up, the dogs usually get up too, I let them out and then I just dont shut the door all the way, when they are ready to come in they push it open then I lock it back up. It makes it so I dont have to sit there waiting for them to come in.  So here I was feeding my wonderful baby,reflecting on Christmas and also the upcoming new year. Like most of us I was thinking about things I needed to improve or work on. It was overwhelming! Way too much room for improvment :) So I decided to pick 3. I chew my nails. It is gross. I know! So that was on my list. It needed to stop. I also decided that my life would be easier if I went to bed with my kitchen totally clean everynight. Ew. I hate dishes. I also hate a messy kitchen and the mornings are nuts so that was a good one. And of course the infamous #3, LOSE WEIGHT! ew. I hate that even more then a messy kitchen. But it needs to happen. So I sat there feeding Preslie in the middle of the night giving myself a pep talk about how to go about working on my just decided 3 goals. Well then the dogs came in. I had to get up and shut the door. When I sat back down I had a brain wave! I needed to teach those dogs how to CLOSE the door after they came in! It would be easy enough, they would just need to come in and then push it the other way just like they do when they come in. I was so excited. Small note, Cheeba is 9 and Oscar is 5, so ya ya you cant teach an old dog new tricks, but I was really stoked about this. I was still feeding the baby. Well 4 things on my list is really just too much right. Something has to give. So... well mentally I decided that the whole lose weight was going to be nicely replaced with teach my old dogs how to shut the door. Thats right. I would rather spend my time working with my old dogs, one who is probably mentally delayed as far as dogs are concerned, teaching them how to shut the door then lose weight. Hmm. I might need to work on my attitude :)

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that just cracked me up! You have some funny thoughts going on in your head late at night. I don't know if I would believe you if you said you taught Cheeba and Oscar to close a door! Cheeba is getting a little old and well, Oscar isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete