Thursday, March 1, 2012

Birthdays are for the BIRDS!


Home Skillet is SIX!
I am not old enough or wise enough to have a six yea old... am I??!

He picked an Angry Birds theme this year and it was a lot of fun to work with.

His invite.
We had 9 boys, 1 girl, Zane and Brody. yikes. But Fun
I saved boxes and took them off the hands of friends, then wrapped them up and we set up our own birds course. I actually wrote points on the boxes and we kept score. The kids had a lot of fun with it. If it wasn't their turn to launch a bird they either helped set the boxes up again or would go stand as a live targets (their idea)


 BIRD CUPCAKES!!!
After we had already sent out invites Brody said he wanted a Star Wars cake, and Darthmaul at that. Oh my heck, I was SUPER thrilled when I saw these, and Brody was all for it.  The idea was off thecraftingchicks.com. I did the eyebrows in frosting instead of licorice but that was the only change.


FYRFLYZ

I didn't do treat bags, everyone one got a fyrflyz, we turned off the lights and had a light show and figured out some cool tricks. Super fun. And a new fave cheap gift for the insane amount of birthdays Brody gets invited too

I took snow paints at recess for the kids to do. Fun times. Got the idea from Allie, and ill throw this on here, the "RECIPE' is water and food coloring, I found these bottles at walmart 2 for 2$



The weekend before, we went to Pocatello, and Brody had a family party, lucky kid!

I have yet to master the art of picture taking and enjoying the moment. So I don't have any pictures of gift opening.
But he was treated so well
Lots of Star Wars, Lego, Lego Star Wars, cars, Wii games, Itunes card,  water guns, board games, card games, pirate ship, magic hand boiler, books, bank, clothes, and a NEW BIKE! Yahoo! Maybe one day the snow will go away and he can actually ride it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRODY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment