Friday, March 2, 2012

Ruffles and Ruffles and Rufles

I come from generations of craftiness on both sides
I like to craft
I just haven't ever really been so good at it. I lack patience for detail and try to skip steps or just flat out don't follow directions. oops.

BUT this time I did everything I was told to do. And I added steps like drawing my chalk lines on so I for sure did my seams straight.

Ta Da!!!!


http://meandmadeline.blogspot.com/2011/02/tiered-ruffled-valances-tutorial.html
This is where I first saw them- after a google search. I obsessed over fabric for hours.
When I actually started to get stuff going I knew I wasn't going to be happy because the pattern was set up that the ruffles were attached to one piece of backing fabric, so when the valance moved or if you were standing right under them you would see the boring back fabric.

Dang. I did some more research and thought of those cute ruffle skirts that had the same fabric under the ruffle as the actual ruffle. Know what I mean?
Another google search for ruffle skirts led me to this site
http://grandrevivaldesign.typepad.com/grand_revival_design/sewing-tutorials/
 
So I sort of combined the two and took my time making them right. Each time I finished  a ruffle I 
I was shocked it was working!! Yahoo!
 
LOVE THEM!



2 comments:

  1. Oh I love them! I also love crafting but I have been a little busy lately. I am inspired to get back to crafting...as soon as baby learns to sleep through the night...or at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are some super cute curtains! I need you to teach me how you did it...they look great!

    ReplyDelete