Sunday, July 29, 2012

Bacon

Written by Devin Mecham- typed out on his phone in a matter of minutes.
Recited by Brody Mecham at the Rich family reunion talent show 2012.


I spring from my bed,
There's a faint smell in the midst.
I wipe the sleep from my eyes,
and go see what it is.
As i enter the kitchen, i say, "whatcha makin?"
And to my delight, she says, "why, it's bacon!"
A strip by a waffle, or all by itself,
I say goodbye to my worries, goodbye to my health!
I see a river of grease as i listen to the sizzle.
As my anticipation grows, i wish I was the griddle!
The moment arrives, and the bacon is done.
There's a euphoric feeling as it touches my tongue.
As i delight in my meal, a story crosses my mind
of a pig on a farm, and a spider so kind.
A smile forms on my face, and i know there's no mistakin,
If Wilbur were my pig, he would have been bacon!

No comments:

Post a Comment