Monday, August 27, 2012

Farewell Summer

This morning it happened. I woke up and it was cold- not just chilly but cold. It was the first day of school and I had to buck up and be cheerful and excited and hope that Brody would share my attitude. It worked. We started the morning with waffles and bacon- finished with new clothes and family prayer.. And rain. It's been a draught all summer but of course it rains on the first day of school. We walked with Brody down to the bus (in the rain) then jumped in the car so we could be at the school to walk him in. He was excited to see friends he hadn't seen all summer- I was so relieved that he was happy- not sad and mopey. He gave me a big hug and that was it. So now I'm home with Preslie and Zane- who has already asked a few times when Brody will be home. I'm the one left feeling sad and nervous and lonely. I need to buck up, I know. I have felt like this last week I've had some humbling experiences- some moments that have clearly pointed out what matters. Some lessons that reminded me how precious life is- to not take for granted everyday blessings and miracles- and to be ever aware of others and to show gratitude always to my Father in Heaven. How's that for lots on the mind?? Anyways. Goodbye care free summer- welcome back structure and "real life" I guess ready or not here you are.

1 comment:

  1. I am sad that summer is ending but oh so glad to have cooler weather! Well, it's not quite cooler here yet. Still in the stinkin 90's! Just think in 2 years, it will just be you and Preslie home all day. That's weird to think about! We need to come visit you guys soon :)

    ReplyDelete