Friday, March 15, 2013

Laundry

Somehow while chatting with a friend the topic of laundry arose. And I discovered I'm a lunatic.

Preface:
Out of all household duties laundry is my favorite. I don't really mind it at all and sometimes it is calming. I probably can't really explain it without sounding weird or crazy.

But here is my "insane" system.

Sort:
Denim
Darks
Devins darks- this is a seperate load because his work clothes are gross.
Mid darks
Reds and oranges
Bright pinks (NO these cannot go with reds)
Brights
Lights
Whites
Bath towels
Kitchen linens
Rags
Swim clothes

After sorting I examine each item for stains or marks that need special attention.
Spray stains depending on what it is- i have a whole system of stain removals. Spray then soak if needed.
I then sort the sorted piles for delicates and wash those first.. On extra gentle.

Oxy clean liquid color booster pre wash
Tide HE liquid detergent
Fabric softner

Most cycles get ran on cold warm gentle

Denim and towels run warm warm on regular cycle.

Whites and bed sheets on hot

When clothes are done in the washer I sort again.

The majority of tops get laid flat to dry

Pretty much all of Preslies dainty little clothes get laid flat to dry.

Jeans and pants go in the dryer.

Pants get folded. Majority of tops for the whole family get hung up.

Crazy. Insane. Obsessive. More work then needed.
I know!
But this is how I like to do it. And I'm stinking good at laundry :)





1 comment:

  1. I don't mind doing laundry, but I am way more lazy about it! Maybe I should have you teach me how to properly do my laundry. Then our clothes might look better!

    ReplyDelete