Saturday, March 2, 2013

Take a long drive with me, California One

Anyone else The Decemberists fan?? I might have had you converted if you were on our trip. :)

I'm pro driving vs flying.
The 125,000+ miles on our car is proof of that.
I mostly like having our little family crammed into the confined space of a vehicle and you might not know this, but I am a talker. So it's a fantastic opportunity for hours of yapping. I have Devins undivided attention. We also have come to love car games. Eye Spy, color bingo, license plate search, alphabet town, exit addition- they have gotten pretty exciting. We also play learn to love your sibling, movie compromise, patience patience, bladder control limits, and stay in your imaginary bubble. Those are some of my less favorite. This trip we were south bound and tried to think of songs that involved Las Vegas (not many) and then California. Holy smokes! That was quite the list! Sunny Cali is quite the muse for those in the song writing industry.
And if I were at all a musical person I would join the ranks. Because I too, love the golden state.
We left Evanston Friday afternoon and our first big excitment was watching the temperature display keep going up and up the farther south we got. We stayed the night in LasVegas and did the happy dance when we saw palm trees and pranced around with no coats!
We left super early Sat morn. Brody was up at 4:40 AM ready to swim
We arrived in Oxnard - where Grandma and Grandpa Mecham are serving a mission. It probably wasnt quite the reunion they had imagined because both boys had to go to the bathroom SO BAD!
Everyone was so incredible happy to see them none the less. It had been 11 months-ish since they had left.
Awesome tree outside the Church building




Trying to put into perspective how HUGE and amazing this tree is outside of the Church 

After church we went up to Cross park, beautiful views! 

Zanes head got cut off. In all of the pics of us all. Darn.
Beautiful views at Cross Park


Doppelganger!
When out for a stroll around the channels, we passed a man and I said to Dev, that looked just like my Dad! Then we passed him again and I had to get a picture. It was crazy. They even dressed the same. I really couldn't get over it.





We all LOVED the beach. 



Disneyland California adventure!!!





Buzz Ride
A Disney highlight for Brody- Jedi Training!
He was "chosen" to train with real padawons and then battle Darth Vader!
He still believes 100% that it was the real Darth. 




It was a marvelous trip. It was so SO good to see Randy and Jolene, to spend time together as family.The sunshine and weather was perfect!
It was REALLY hard coming back home to winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment