Sunday, February 27, 2011

Mush

Such a good day. I wish I had a stop button. I really really do. Church was extra good, diner was fabulous if I do say so myself, we all seemed to be extra happy all day. Even bed time was a breeze. I read stories with Brody tonight, and also read to him from my journal from the entries after he was born, I did a pretty good job telling the story of his arrival and he was cracking me up, I was trying to explain to him what contractions felt like, the only thing I could relate it too was having to really really have to go to the bathroom but worse. He was good with that. Well then when I told him that I 'pushed' him out of my belly he said, " so like, you kind of pooped me out??!"  I assured him no no, totally different. And left it at that. He thought it was extra funny that he was born naked and slimy and had a bent ear and was super hairy. We talked about his year of being four and his highlights were:
California, and especially the ocean.
Playing soccer and learning to swim.
Becoming a frog owner, and then fish owner and even having a cat for a few chaotic moments. We had a good laugh over that.
Catching his first fish.
Going camping.
Spelling and writing and doing real math.
Ice skating.
Riding in Daddy's work truck.
Becoming a 'fantastic Wii player"
Being the best and loudest voice in Primary- but he pointed out that this is very hard work.
Reading the book of Mormon and knowing lots of the stories by memory.
Being a great joke teller.

He had an awesome year. He fell asleep and I layed beside him on his bed and had a nice long cry. I dont want him to get any older. He is so innocent and nice and smart and great. He is my buddy. I definatly dont want him to go to school, I want to freeze time and just stay right where we are. Things are just perfect. Then I cried some more and stressed over this world and all the bad things and rotten people and evil. Then I thought about today, we sang I Believe in Christ, and one of my favorite phrases is
 " I believe in Christ; so come what may"
So I stopped crying and got up and did the dishes. Five will be great too.

2 comments:

  1. Aww that was just sweet. Well and Log and I had a good laugh about the birthing story. We can just picture Brody saying that and cracking up. Such a cute and fun boy. And then you got me all teary eyed (which takes a lot for me) talking about you crying and being scared about the world. I feel the same way. I guess all moms do and we just worry about everything. Well Happy Birthday Brody (almost).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to make me cry too! You are so great with your words, I loved reading this, I will definetly be reading more!

    ReplyDelete