Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Limits

Mine have been officially reached. I'm blogging in conjunction with my own timeout. Dev is still at work. A super busy working husband is a lot easier with 2 children and with a no school schedule.
Since 4 pm there has been non stop fighting. As of right now ALL Lego is put up. The wii is off limits, about 20 minutes ago the TV was taken away, the trio blocks are away for the night, and so is the perfection game, nerf guns, and talking dinosaurs. Brody is hiding in his room because I had one of those crazy mother moments where I totally lost my marbles and he's scared- the moment was brought on after all the above mentioned had been taken away and he decided to stab a hole into the back of the couch with a kitchen knife. Not even kidding. The knife was brought downstairs by Zane -who was going to use it to cut open the suitcase that I shoved all the taken toys away into. Not only did I spazz out, but I also locked Zane in the garage for about a minute after he refused to come in-he had fair warning. I even told him i was going to lock him inside. He was in the garage emptying Devs tools into the freezer. Also not even kidding. I was entitled to a spazz and now I'm feeling guilty but still angry so I'm hiding and confessing my lack of calm parenting. Ok. I'm done.

3 comments:

  1. Ok I'm laughing about this...only because I have had my spazz moments! Sounds like you had quite the night. Good thing Preslie is a good baby or days like this you might really lose your marbles! Thank goodness for repentence, because when I die, I don't want to watch myself in my bad parenting moments. Yikes. Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the hole in the back of the couch and the tools in the freezer! How frustrating! However, I am glad to hear that I'm not the only mom on the earth that loses her mind and then is so embarrassed she feels she must hide. That happens much too frequently around here. It was refreshing to read a post that was real and showcased the kind of frazzlement that doesn't usually make it onto a blog (including mine)! Hope things got better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! Makes my days seem more normal. Totally know what is like...rich is at school or work most of the time so I have the kids a lot and some days it is all i can do to just get though. :)

    ReplyDelete