Saturday, June 16, 2012

Terrible, no good, very bad day

It was yesterday.

We went to Flaming Gorge.

The boys fought a lot all the way there.

The place to buy the rec pass was cash only and then didn't have change. Really?!

When we stopped and got out we discovered we had a tire going flat- very very fast.

We were on top of a hill covered with shale rock and not very near to any flat sturdy ground that would be accommodating to operation tire change.

Then it started to rain and blow like mother nature was having a three year old temper tantrum.

We got the spare tire on- only to discover that it was low on air and had a faulty valve.

So we had to race back to Green River to a tire shop.

We didn't catch any fish.

We didn't see anything beautiful at Flaming Gorge.

The tire guy informed me that my tire was not fixable and that my plan of driving my existing tires until winter was not going to happen- I needed 4 new tires ASAP.

I asked if his tire shop wanted to donate 4 new tires to a very nice lady who was having the worse day ever. He didn't.

We headed for home.

I got pulled over by Wyoming State Patrol.

Luckily the officer had the ability to read minds or moods- and didn't give me a ticket.

More boy fighting on the way home.

We made it home and decided to see a movie. I wore my new shoes and ate a lot of whoppers.

Conclusion:

New shoes make everything better

And

Even on terrible days I am blessed.

My dad was with us. He changed the tire and figured out all the tricky stuff. My mom was with us and helped keep Preslie happy.

What would I have done if it was me and the kids? No cell service, tricky circumstances all the way around and crappy weather. Yikes!

So no it was not exactly an ideal day- but it will still filled with blessings and memories right??


No comments:

Post a Comment