Friday, June 1, 2012

Smarty Pants

Farewell Kindergarten

I cant even describe how fast this year has gone! 
And here I sit thinking about all that has happened, all the things I have learned as a Mum, all the things Brody has learned in school and the sad reality that I am getting old!

Just so you know...
The magical age when knees in pants wear out before the pants get out grown is 5-6 (at least at our house) Brody managed to skip size 7 pants completely and also size 1 Jr shoes. Hes now running around in a 8 pant and Jr size 2 shoe. He is the 2nd tallest boy in his class- hes at the fun age where the girls dominate the title of 'tallest kid'.

Here's a little interview I did:

Me: What was your favorite kindergarten memory?

Brody: Our field tip to the zoo, or maybe when we all went swimming. I loved the book fair, and the assembly with the guys who did fighting tricks.

Me: What was your favorite school lunch?

Brody: Hot ham and cheese sandwiches, broccoli cooked, bean dip and pears. And always chocolate milk.

Me: What was your favorite learning thing at school? 

Brody: SCIENCE!!! Oh I love science. We should have science all day every day. And I liked my Ipad stuff, music sometimes. 

Me: Are you excited for grade 1? 

Brody: What? grade 1? You mean 1st grade? Im just excited for summer, Im not even thinking about 1st grade. 



Wednesday was the awards ceremony for the whole school. Brody got two awards, one for reading excellence and another for 3301 minutes out-loud reading. He is a phenomenal reader! his teacher and the reading coaches at Clark are incredible- heroes for sure! As a parent I have always thought that learning to read is a huge milestone- I cant even begin to express how proud, grateful, happy, and relieved I am that reading is something Brody can do well, and something he enjoys. 

Brody and his teacher Ms. Collins


Ms Collins, Brody and the Principal, Mr Petersen.



Thursday we went to the zoo..



Friday was Kindergarten graduation. I didn't even cry. 




School Friends

Just for fun BEFORE and AFTER
First Day...
Last Day- same shorts :) 


1 comment:

  1. Brody looks so much older now than he did on the first day of school. How fun to compare. Crazy that he will be in first grade or should I say grade 1!
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete