Thursday, January 24, 2013

Brody's "Book"

Here are the most recent pieces from Brody's writing book they work on at school. Its always a treat when he brings home his creative writing. The fish story was from his Non-fiction unit, and then the others are from his poetry unit.


The Fish
By Brody Mecham

Fishing is the best sport I have ever played. It is better than soccer or hockey, or sledding, or basketball, or even toilet tag. And I really like toilet tag.
I love fishing because it is a sport of patience and fun. It is also important because it can give you food. Fishing is a survival skill. If you don’t have food you will die.
When I went camping, there was a pond by our campsite. There were fish in the pond and a tunnel that went into a stream. I went to the stream with my friend. We had nets. If there were fish close to the surface, we were going to catch them! We saw a fin sticking out of the water. I tried to scoop it but it vanished into the murky water. We waited about twenty seconds and we saw the fish fin again! This time me and my friend had a plan. We surrounded the fish and I scooped it head first into my net. I caught it!!!
We took it back to camp. I was so excited and happy to have trout meat. My friend was excited too. I didn't gut the fish because I was too young and I didn't know how, and because watching a fish get its head cut off made my stomach hurt. That was just back then.  My friends Dad gut the fish. He chopped off the head, and took out the insides and the bones so that we could eat the meat. We cooked it in a pot outside. I felt pretty good that I caught diner! Supper was pretty good, the trout meat was the best I had ever had.
We caught more fish later when we were fishing in a boat.
That’s why fishing is the best sport I have ever played.
The End




Cat Catching
Written By Brody Mecham



Sets of Nets
Catching stray pets
We have cages for the pets!
I LOVE CATCHING PETS!!!




Brother Bowling


By Brody Mecham

    
  I get a ball
I hide in the closet
My Brother is coming!!!
I get ready
Steady the ball
I trip him!! Like a bowling pin.
I think I win!




I Catch Cats
By Brody Mecham


I catch cats
I catch fat cats
I catch flat cats
I catch black cats
And brown
Some frown
So I put them down





2 comments:

  1. Wow - Brody has quite the knack for writing - like his mom, and for poetry - like his dad. These are all so cute and well done! Can't wait to hug that big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some pretty good poems! I am impressed. Maybe him and Carter should get together and write some books since they both are pretty darn creative!

    ReplyDelete