Monday, January 7, 2013

Fabulous Four

Zane turns FOUR!!!
(a while ago)

We like to chat about events weeks before they actually occur... ok, mostly thats just me. :) But Zanes big day was no exception. He refused my offer to throw him a cool party with all sorts of his little buddies. I was expecting that refusal when my kids are 13 but not FOUR. sheesh. Hes a bit of an old soul. He told me, and others, that for his birthday it was going to be him, Brody, Daddy, Mommy. I asked about Preslie, he said she was NOT invited.. then I explained what it means to be a party crasher and that Preslie was going to be crashing his, like it or not.

He had the day all planned out, A trip to UT, watch Milo and Otis (the talking animals with the british narrator, a treat for us all) go to Jungle Jims, go to the candy store, eat at the place with the hot pineapple, and the sticks on the tables and the guys. The diner took some further digging to figure out what the heck he was talking about- Rodizzio Grill at Trolley Square. So off we went!
We hit the candy store for special treats, then met up with Gary and Mauri to see the lights at temple square, I will have to borrow their pictures and get them on here :)
It wasn't too cold, so beautiful and super busy. It was a great day!


The next morning he woke up to this!!!!! 
Yahooo!!!!!!
It has been a fantastic addition to our indoor playground :)
Definitely getting used. 
He also got ...
New Emus!
No socks needed. Hes in heaven.

Other gifts were playdoh, legos, flashlight, clothes, stomp rocket, hot wheels and tracks, and money that he is saving for our trip to Disney!! 


Zane wanted to decorate his cake 100% by himself.. I actually said ok and he got a good start and then let me help :) But he directed the whole thing. He was thrilled with the end result and I was happy he got what he wanted. (Thats a nice way of saying that im relaxing a bit)



He is a GREAT kid!!! He loves anything in the kitchen, loves to do lego but only if you follow the directions exactly, will read stories for hours, is smart and funny, he has turned into quite the artist, is extremely strong willed and great at independent play. HATES the doctor and medicine and anything related to it. Loves to ride his bike and scooter and play sports. When he grows up he wants to be a builder or fly planes. He is my buddy and I love being his Mama. He melts my heart and pushes me to be a better parent. 
Happy Birthday Shnook! 



No comments:

Post a Comment