Thursday, April 11, 2013

Motherhood cycle

Yesterday:
Alarm goes off at 4:45am.
Wake up and go to the gym. Great workout that leaves me with wobbly muscles.
Arrive home just before 7am- everyone is awake and Dev is not a happy camper. Apparently all the kids were awake at 5:15am.
He leaves for work.
I am quick to become aware that none of these kids were ready to be awake that early... Either was I !!!
It is one emotional crisis after another.
"He took my spot, I don't want that for breakfast, Thats my toothbrush, I don't know where my homework is, get away from me, stop it, get her out of my room, make her stop crying, I hate those shoes, I had it first, there's nothing to do" And then a whole lot of fits by Preslie -whose current most common way to communicate is body language- when she's thrashing about on the floor.
Get Brody off to school at 9am and Preslie falls asleep in the car.
Come home and spray and scrub my oven- thanks to a pudding explosion on Sunday it is a MESS. Put it on self cleaner. Preslie wakes up 20 mins later in a worse state then she started- she then added to her problems by unwrapping and eating chicken bouillon cubes that do look an awful lot like candy- lesson learned, they are gross. Meltdown 5021.
10 am.
I spend a huge chunk of time trying to get her and Zane to sleep. The stench of the fume free oven cleaner at work is pushing me into crazy debilitating headache world.
The above scenario repeats itself for a few hours.
We head out to run errands and Zane falls asleep at 2pm in the car. Im relieved at my plan of getting P to sleep as well- she refuses and fights a nap tooth and nail. Her agenda is to follow me around crying, when I pick her up to snuggle she goes floppy and chooses to flail around on the floor, when I try to read stories she shreds the pages, when I offer her snacks or a drink she screams No NO and throws it. I give her to the nice old lady down the street. Not really. But wow!
I wake up Zane in hopes of a decent bedtime.
Brody comes home school.
I check on diner- only to discover the ceramic part of the crockpot has 4 huge cracks.
I transfer the mess into my clean oven.
Diner is going to be late.
Somewhere between 5-6 Zane and Preslie have both fallen asleep again. Details are fuzzy. Between the headache, the fumes, the crying, the frustration, I have no idea what is truly going on.
Devin comes home. Thank goodness!
8 pm Preslie and Zane wake up. I cry.
No no no no no no no no no

Brody is in bed and asleep at 8:30.
Zane at least will watch a movie.
Preslie continues her current trend of misery... And makes sure she has company. After Dev and I try 10 attempts at getting her in bed (it's nearly midnight) I bring her into bed with us. He gets mad. I get mad back and say then he needs to let her cry then! He won't/can't.
3 am I'm out on the couch. My head is killing me!!!!!!!
4:45 am my alarm goes off. Not doing the gym. Around 5 am Brody trots out happy as a lark,from a good nights rest, flips on the light, starts getting himself cereal and turns the radio on.
5:15am everyone is awake.
History truly repeats itself.
Heaven help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment