Friday, April 5, 2013

Spring Break

We have been more excited for spring break then summer vacation. Wow- we were ready!!! It seems like right around the 100th day of school celebration, attitudes get rotten. For the entire family. Sick of snow and snow clothes, ready for warm weather and school to be out, burnt out on schedules, routines and to-do lists. We officially had cabin fever. We headed to Idaho so we could meet Logan and Lindsey's new baby, Wesley. Oh he's cute. And tiny. And snuggling that tiny person made my uterus scream. Too bad Devin doesn't have a uterus- nothing about him is screaming for more babies. So it was good to get a baby fix. My Mom and Dad were in Idaho too. We had a great time seeing everyone, playing outside, decorating Easter eggs then rolling them down a hill until they broke apart and the yokes popped out. The Easter Bunny even found us all the way in Idaho. We went to church with Logan and Lindsey and were able to see old friends. We hit up outer limits, kiwi loco, Ross park for some rock climbing, Elmer's for breakfast and Brooklyn's Playground. It was a fun time. The boys and I did some spring cleaning at Grandma and Grandpas house while they are on their mission- the boys were fantastic workers and eager to give service. Logan and Lindsey are close to being done at ISU and heading off to Nebraska to finish dental school- it has been nice having them only a few hours away. We are getting REALLY spread out- makes me wonder how I can convince my kids to grow up, go to school, get a great job and move in next door.. Ok I'd settle for same block, ward, or even town. But I sure don't want them as far away as my brothers and I have ended up. The night before we were all ready to depart ways, Brody had a meltdown. He hates good byes. The poor kid is just a soft soul and loves being around family. It took about 10 seconds of him hiding under the blanket with tears for Grandma Honey to move mountains of plans and make it work to come to Evanston for 2 nights and then head home to Canada. She's a softie! But we loved having her and it was a great, quick visit.
Wesley

Going for a walk...


Kiwi Loco.. again. Zane LOVES it!
blurry pic, but just cute 

The "duck-face" I made this face ALL the time when I was little. Pretty proud that Preslie has it mastered.

Easter Baskets...

Easter egg rolling

popcicles. It was SO nice!
Zane being such a great brother- pushed Preslie for a good 20 minutes. 

Handsome in their Easter clothes..

Me and Dev on a date

Rolling the eggs down a hill (a smith tradition)

Rock climbing at ross park

When Mom came to Evanston I had her help me try these stilleto cupcakes we are going to do for a YWs even. We had a blast and lots of giggles.. and hope that next time the cupcake making goes a bit more smoothly

Egg decorating..



1 comment:

  1. Whatever it was you did at the place in Pocatello -- THANK YOU! Have I mentioned lately that I love reading your blog? I love seeing the pictures - and all your comments. :)

    ReplyDelete