Thursday, October 13, 2011

Baby-less

Notice the lack of baby announcement. Im ok with it actually. Dont get me wrong I am so ready to not be pregnant anymore. Ive hit the official DONE point. I waddle. I take 3 baths a day because my body just hurts, I dont sleep, and I get crazy looks from people that im sure are thinking " You should NOT be at Wal Mart right now" But even though I know baby could be here any moment I still have yet to pack a hospital bag, stock up on groceries so I dont have to worry about it when she arrives, take care of my summer flower pots, or clean my car. Or a gazillion other things. What have I been doing instead??  Other stuff :) Canadian Thanksgiving was last weekend and was bitter sweet, as it was also the day we learned that my cousin Andrew passed away- Ive been longing for home and wishing I could be there for the funeral and for my family. They are amazing. Last weekend was also a most fabulous baby shower! (more on that in a bit) And my biggest devotion of time has been to my thing 1 and 2, who are sick. Brody started with strep, Zane was in the clear I thought, but then he took a turn for the worse so we went back to the doc and left with the lovely news that they both have RSV. Not super super bad yet thank goodness.  So $200 later on Prednisone medication for both of them we trucked home with instructions to stay home for 4 days. This is when I had a breakdown. They arent sick enough to be house bound! I cant be housebound- I lose my marbles. Really. I cant stay inside my house for even one day without just going loopy. Ive gotta get out! And the extra kick in the pants was that the cure for their sickness causes hyper-activity and insomnia. Thats not even a maybe Ive decided. Its a for certain. They have been off the wall. So here is what I did- I ignored laundry, house cleaning, and doing my hair. (and then I called the house cleaners and made an appointment for them to come clean) I pulled out every game we have, we visited toys that have been forgotten, we made giant play dough messes and did crafts, we went for walks and gathered fall leaves in all colors,we colored on the windows,we set up halloween decorations and did pumkin crafts, we hid the glowing spider and took turns searching for it, we brought the slide inside and turned the basement into a playground (thank you swing!) we played baseball inside with pillows and wiffle balls. We set up the tent and read stories with every flashlight we could find. It was 100% damage control. My goal was to 1. keep them from killing eachother. 2. Keep them from making me lock myself in my room on the verge of a total meltdown. 3. Not watch TV. 4. And this came later.. enjoy the time at home with my 2 fave boys before their world is totally rocked when this baby arrives.  SUCCESS!!! Its not over yet. Its now fall break so Brody is off school until Tuesday. Ill make it though. We are in a good place. Kids are coughing less, still on the magic drug that Ive now named speed for kids. I've had some good outs- enrichment hair bow making, craft night with the girls and good laughs,great friends who brought supper, and Ive pushed through my sleepless nights, and aching body to be a Mum, to not be cranky and impatient or boring- and im proud of me. So thank you self and baby girl for not going into labor right now. I appreciate it.  

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know both boys got rsv! That's crazy. Well I bet you are really looking forward to grandma honey coming this week! I am crossing my fingers for you that you go into labor this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete