Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Show and Tell

SHOW

Just random happenings-


Playgroup days outside are limited, snow is in the air. I love these pics, here is Zane with friend Max, the first one is a classic nose picking picture and im pretty sure hes holding Max's hand against his will. I also crack up at Max's face on the one above, the joys of being two and just really not being ok with the concept of sharing. How dare Zane touch that bike! I love 2 yr old drama


And TELL

I just need to note that Brody is a Kindergarten all star, man that kid makes me so proud! Especially Tuesday afternoons when I go into his class. They have some big deal things at his school and one of them is called a 'THREE B" and its rewarded to kids who are going above and beyond, Brody has gotten THREE of them since the start of school. Well done kid! Hes kicking the pants off of Kindergarten reading and math and is just so smart! Im allowed to brag, its my blog. But really, cudos to him!



MORE SHOW




Look what I did!!!!!!!!  So this glider was just a plain tan mico-fiber, so a few months ago (yes, months) I decided to re-cover it. I planned it right and embarked on this project when my SIL Lindsey and Mum were here, so we all powered up our craft skills and figured out how to do this. Final decision was to use tracing paper and get a pattern, then cover big buttons to use as tacks, the back cusion was actually the easiest in the end, the most difficult thing was those blasted arms! I just finished it! FINISHED! I am not so good at finishing projects sometimes, I lose my mojo.


Its new home is in the baby room- almost getting excited for those sleepless nights where we just get to rock.. and rock.. and rock.


I've mentioned before that this baby has been like starting over, the crib and change table we had from the boys didnt do so well with the moves and just being used by both boys- Dev says its me and that im 'hard' on things.. I think he might be right. Anyways, we needed new ones. We found this crib on KSL and I LOVE it. Wishing my camera and photo skills were better, but its stinking cute and has a nice vintage look to it. The room is soo far from being done but at least stuff is put together and slowly getting organized.




Im not a crafter right, but I have ideas and like to occasionally make a go of it. So thats what I did with the change table-dresser. While my Dad was here we took my old dresser that I had growing up,the one that I beat the heck out of, well it somehow survived me doing self furniture moves every week, made it thru my years of using it as a table top for make up, hair products, hot curling irons, candles, candle making, perfume mixing and who knows what else, well it didnt totally make it. It was in REALLY rough shape. I really wish I had a before pic. Dad took the sander to it like crazy, then we matched the paint with the crib. I shopped for days for new hardware, Dad painted it and put those drawer stopper things on it so its baby safe for when she gets older, after the paint dried I used a cloth and did a stain glaze over to give it the same finish as the vintage-looking crib. SUCCESS!!!



It is the perfect height and width to put the change pad on top. I have big plans for this room. And they are SO close to coming together so stay tuned. I've surprised myself that I think im actually more excited for the girl room then I am for the girl clothes. But not the girl. Oh my goodness I am really just so excited to meet this little Miss. I spend so much time thinking about her and what she will look like and just what kind of person she is going to be. And of course I also stress and feel that pressure of child raising these days, I have such different concerns because she is a girl, the drama, the emotions- all the extra and different challenges that will come with being the Mum to a girl. Goodness. Let me do this right.



MORE TELL

I blame the hormones- but I have had all emotions elevated lately. I have just fet so incredibly blessed and have been so aware of the abundance of love that is in my life. And blessings in general. Mostly on my mind is Devin, he inspires me to do more. He has somehow found a way to work like a crazy person- like 6 days a week and 15 hours a day, then come home and be this incredible father who plays with the kids and reads to them or gets them in the tub. I have some different ideas on expectations of a husband I think, I dont ask or expect Dev to do housework, I feel like that falls on me and I would much rather him take that time and spend with our kids.I pick a messy house and dirty dishes and the opportunity to watch him wrestle our crazy boys on the floor or read harry potter or play mario kart, to me thats what matters. Hes awesome.
I have also been so aware and grateful of the efforts and sacrifice my parents make to spend time with us. I feel sad and guilty a lot that all three of us kids and their grandkids live so far away from Canada. Its a 12 hour drive from my parents house to us, and they make it A LOT. About 4 or 5 times a year. And I know that they will be here whenever I need. My kids know them and have this wonderful bond and friendship with them because of those efforts and I am so so grateful that the distance hasnt put a damper on that relationship.
Also on my mind- Friendship. Its hard living away from any family, but I have been saved by incredible supportive and loving friends. Truley amazing really.

1 comment: