Thursday, March 24, 2011

I hear voices

Yesterday.6:22AM. Brody- 'Im up! Im awake! What are we doing today? Can i play the Wii? Im hungry.Im bored. Get up please." I offer to let him crawl in bed and watch a cartoon. Denied. He also now managed to wake up Zane who mysteriously is also in bed with me and both dogs. Dev is off to work already. Get up, offer cereal for breakfast, how about toast? yogurt? no you cannot have fruit snacks  already. no you cannot have chocolate chips and marshmellows this early. Please put the marshmellows away. Change Zanes diaper. Change my t shirt because the diaper beat me and now we are both wet. No Brody you cannot play the Wii already, think to myself that he plays way too much Wii, have a moment of mother guilt because I probably let him play way to much. Tell Brody to get dressed. 5 minutes later tell him again. Then tell him sorry, you cant wear shorts to school today, its too cold. Comes back out with pants over the shorts upset because things down below are way too bulky. To both boys- um maybe lets save super loud whistles for an outside game. Put in laundry load uno, tell the boys to come inside, zane still in unsnapped pj's, neither wearing shoes, explain the neighbors definatly do not appreciate the super loud whistle blowing pre 7am, Brody points out that I said it needed to be played outside,so they went outside. I have a tally sheet in my head and feel like Brody just beat me at whatever that was.Internal  debate, shower now or exercise?? Try breakfast suggestions again, success! Set the timer for cartoons. Shower. That was a silly notion to think I was actually going to exercise. Mother guilt again. I should have exercised. Everyone is dressed! Do the dishes, which didnt get done last night because I decided to read and watch my shows after bedtime. Have an intense conversation with Brody about school, he has decided he hates pre school, back of my mind over think this and I stress about years to come of hating school.Switch laundry. Drop Zane off at friends house, take school protester to school, still protesting, take myself to the dentist to have a cavity filled. More guilt. Check phone messages after the dentist with my mouth all numb and not being able to talk right. Crap, fridge man can to fix the fridge, I wasnt home. I swear its on my calender for the 24th. Call him back, try to explain the confusion, add to the confusion because my mouth doesnt work and he cant understand me. Pick up Brody, protesting has ceased. He had fun and discovered he runs faster then Carson, pick up Zane. Hang out at friends so I can ignore my to do list at home. Mouth feels better, call fridge man. Go home. Lunch. Negotiate Wii time. Nap time. Not for me, just Zane. I wish I was 2. Laundry tres. Load of dishes dos. I hate hand washing dishes. I will fill the dishwasher with 4 pots and run it. Sorry environment. Make brownies for girls supper night, burn the brownies. Curses! Make the brownies again. Munch on the burnt pan from the middle where its not so crusty. Wish I would have exercised. Deliver the news that Wii time over. Pat myself on the back for sticking to the time allowed. Story time, play time, 100 rounds of chikaboom, Zane is up and happy. Send Brody to friends house to play. Teach Zane letters and colors and play. Give kisses and snuggles. Daddy's home. Frozen pizza in the oven, brownies frosted. Change clothes, end up wearing capris because jeans are still in the wash and evindently Im out of clean pants. Laugh with the girls, eat good food, come home to sleeping husband and boys. Life is good.

3 comments:

  1. Whew. Pat yourself on the back! You are way super productive and look at all the time that you spent with your boys. I call that a successful day. Though perhaps you should convince Brody that you can have just as successful of a day if it starts at 7:30 instead of 6:30!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I'm exhausted from reading that! Makes me think having one kid for now is just fine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nichole...I loved this post. It was a perfect explanation of what goes on in a mother's day and mind. I seriously loved it and for some reason it almost brought a tear to my eye! I am super emotional lately for some crazy reason! I really did love it though!

    ReplyDelete